Monday, January 4, 2010

Going Green

Stephanie wrote:

With the holidays behind us life is settling down to normal or as normal as it gets.

I had great fun last week watching events unfold over at Knitspot. Anne Hanson designed the pattern for the winter installment of our Four Seasons Sock Club. To make things interesting she ran a contest to name the colorway featured in the kit.

Over 300 people commented with name suggestions. I needed a diversion and enjoyed taking time to read the comments. There were so many creative suggestions. Anne narrowed down the list and took a vote. The winner is A Sockwork Orange. Very clever, indeed.

If you're interested in just the winter installment of the club, it will be available as a stand-alone kit later this week. Check our website for details.

Even though we've been in holiday mode around here, I've been busy with the dye pots. In addition to the regularly scheduled dyeing, I've been playing around with some new colors.

Since each of our club offerings features an exclusive colorway, there's plenty of incentive to experiment with color.


Green,


green and



more green.

I sampled several other greens and many more colors too. One dye formula often leads to ideas for others. I find myself muttering, "What would happen if I tweaked this one just a little bit?" The options are endless and lots of fun. The largest box of crayons can't compete.

No comments: