Friday, January 22, 2010

Knitting Along

Stephanie wrote:

Right now we have two knit alongs running on our Ravelry group, Dye Dreamers. I'm leading both of them, and it's like a get out of jail free card. Laundry, cooking, dishes, cleaning? Sorry, I can't - I have to knit for the knit alongs.

Needless to say I have one or both of these projects with me at all times. And I'm loving every minute with both of them. Here's a peek at what I've been working on.

Fishbone Gansey Sock is the winter installment of our Four Seasons Sock Club. The pattern is designed by Anne Hanson.


I am addicted to this pattern. The other day I was disappointed when my son's orthodontist appointment was over, and I had to put my knitting away. I'm having so much fun I can't put it down at the end of the day. I've finished the gansey design at the top of the sock. From here on out it's all ribbing.

I loved watching the combination of knits and purls unfold into this design.


See the fishbone? The yarn is our new Classy Sox - 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon. The colorway is A Sockwork Orange.

I'm afraid this sock is destined to be a booth sample so I'll just have to cast on a pair for myself once it's done.

My other project in tow is the Celtic Frost Mittens, the winter installment of our Four Seasons Mitten Club.


The pattern is designed by Wendy Johnson of Wendy Knits. I have a thing for cables so am really enjoying this mitten.




The yarn is our Luster (check back for color options), a 100% bluefaced leicester worsted weight yarn. The colorway is Celtic Frost. This yarn is a pleasure to work with - durable yet soft and lustrous. I've been thinking a Luster sweater would be nice. It's always good to have new project ideas percolating.

As I've been saying to my family, you'll have to excuse me now - I have to knit.

No comments: