Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Yarn

Stephanie wrote:

My Fiddlehead Sock (Ravelry link) is done. While it feels good to finish and cross this off of my to do list (I have a rather long list), I miss knitting with beads.


Even the back of this sock has bead work. Beautiful, glistening globes nestled among colorful stitches.


To top it all off a beaded picot bind off. There is a bit of counting with this bind off if you want the beads to be evenly spaced. Who knew counting to 8 could be so challenging.

To fill the void left by the beads I have the good fortune of sampling a new yarn. This is our Bunny Sox. Sorry there's no link - it's so new it's not even on our website yet.



This yarn is truly luxurious - soft as only angora can be. We've had this custom spun for Dye Dreams at a small, family owned and operated mill. The blend is 60% superwash merino, 25% angora and 15% nylon.

We've been dyeing Bunny Sox in a range of colors for its debut at Sock Summit. And I'm getting ready to cast on with it for a sample garment.

I'll have more to report as I make progress on the sample. And there's more yarn news, too. Be sure to check back.

I try to keep tabs on knitting for various causes. Someone just brought Mother Bear Project to my attention. Take a moment or two to click and read. This seems like another worthwhile effort where knitters can make a difference.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Thanks for the info on the Mother Bear Project.