Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Morning Routine

Stephanie wrote:

Mornings are my time. I'm up early, enjoy my coffee and get as much work done as possible before the rest of the household rouses. Recently we've made an adjustment to that schedule - the kids and I take a morning hike at a nearby reservation.

I don't get everyone up at the crack of dawn so I still have some morning time to myself. But the hikes have cut into my work time which means more juggling throughout the day.

Our hikes have been fun, creative, educational and entertaining. And there's been a bonus.


Blueberries. Loads and loads of blueberries. I've heard from others who have picked here for many years that the berries have never been so plentiful. This must be nature's compensation for a cool, wet June.


Mostly blueberries with a few random berries mixed in. We've been enjoying blueberries in pie, cobbler, muffins, pancakes - with plenty left over for the freezer.

The dye pots are keeping me busy so knitting time is scarce. When I do have time to knit a few rounds, this is what I've been working on.



The pattern is Wine and Roses. I'm using Bunny Sox Mulled Wine - sorry it's still not on our website. I'm almost finished with the cuff and am enjoying the pattern. And the yarn is scrumptious - just the thing when you want to treat yourself to something extra special.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

OK, you're going to have to share that blueberry patch location with me when I get back.
That mulled wine is really yummy looking.

Taos Sunflower said...

Blueberries! How wonderful...lucky you!