Thursday, May 7, 2009

Off The Needles

Stephanie wrote:

Finished projects of all shapes and sizes give such a feeling of accomplishment.  It's so easy and exciting to start new projects. Some of us start them with reckless abandon, without regard for the practical consideration of actual knitting time.  We delude ourselves into casting on for one more project.  After all, the 2 sweaters, 3 hats, 4 scarves and 2 pair of socks are "almost done".  A finished object is cause for celebration.  

This sweater was "almost done" in time for our trip to Connecticut - all except for a few ends.  It did make the trip with us, but the day was warm and I didn't take it out of the truck.


This is Twist & Shout from Knitty.  It's knit up in Dye Dreams Celestial, color Peacock.  You'll have to view that colorway in Luster Sox as we don't have the Celestial one on the website yet.



This was a fun pattern to knit.  It required some mental concentration, but it didn't give me a headache or make me cross-eyed. The pattern has bracelet length sleeves.  I lengthened the sleeves and now they are a bit too long.  I thought I had the measurements worked out, but I probably should have left them at the specified length.  What was I thinking?  I know my arms are on the short side.

This pattern calls for reinforcing the neckline with a crochet chain.  There are good instructions for this technique here so I won't bother to repeat the process.  Let me just say this is a very handy technique to have up your sleeve so pull out your crochet hook and give it a try.




I love working with this yarn - so soft and cozy.  The color variation moves nicely throughout the sweater.  And this pattern is an easy fit so I'm sure it will get lots of wear.

This sweater is still in need of a button, and I may have one that will work.  Last fall at Stitches East I bought a button from Bonnie Maresh.  Alas, I can't seem to find a website for her.  Keep your eyes open for her work at various shops and events - she has some fun buttons.  At Stitches East she was donating part of her proceeds to ovarian cancer research, a cause near and dear to my heart.

News from the shop . . . our spring sock club installment is shipping as we speak.  It's not too late to order.  We have a beautiful pattern designed by Sivia Harding.  Delicious yarn in an enchanting colorway and more.  Don't miss out.

No comments: