Monday, November 16, 2009

Balancing Act

Stephanie wrote:

At the end of last week I found myself without a small, portable knitting project. I had finished the Smockies fingerless mitts and didn't have a sock project underway. I felt lost. How could I leave the house without a project in my bag?

I quickly remedied the situation and cast on this sock.



This is the beginning of Bittersweet Socks, the fall installment of our Four Seasons Sock Club. Wendy Johnson designed this cable pattern of twists and turns. I've knit a bit more since taking this picture and am enjoying the design. However, this may not be the best project to carry around with me while I wait in line or at the doctor's office. The chart and needle size changes require more mental power than I usually have in those situations.

My solution - cast on a second sock project.


I can easily carry this project around and work on it without having to think. It's an embellished rib sock - perfect for kiling time while I wait.


The yarn is Dream Sox Mulled Wine, and the pattern is Waffle Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. The color is more accurate in this picture. I like the way this is knitting up with just a bit of texture.

Now I have some balance with my sock projects. One to while away time and one to make me think.

Part of balancing everything else in my life includes keeping my family happy. Food usually does the trick.



Homemade bagels hot from the oven. Who could resist?

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Hey, homemade bagels 'round here too. Yum!

Taos Sunflower said...

HOme made bagels? WOW! You rock. I'll grab some cream cheese and lox and be right over!!!