Friday, August 14, 2009

Recovering

Stephanie wrote:

Reentry from Sock Summit has been painful. I've had blog posts in mind but haven't been able to summon the strength to give the computer more than a cursory glance. The thought of forming coherent strings of words seemed an insurmountable task.

Sock Summit was an amazing event. The energy and dynamics were fun, intense, educational, inspiring. It was an opportunity to connect with old friends, to meet online friends in person, to make new friends. And I feel honored to say I was there. It's like saying you were at Woodstock.

But let's start at the very beginning. This is what awaited us on the first visit to our booth - the space that would be our home away from home.


We had two pallets of inventory and everything necessary to set up our display. We had one minor mishap in shipping, but other than that everything made it safe and sound.

After hours and hours of work and lots of help from our two trusty companions we had this to show for our efforts.


The yarn display covered one end of the booth.


Our new display rack featuring bags. We added a couple of new bag designs for Sock Summit, and they were a hit.



Treat Your Feet - one of the new banners we added to our display for this event.

We had some incredible neighbors. Sorry for the lack of pictures - I didn't take nearly enough. Lisa Souza and her husband (the man with a tool for every emergency) were across the aisle from us. They were great to chat with during quiet times in the marketplace.

Next door we had the friendly women from The Yarnery. They don't do events on a regular basis, but they put together an adorable booth for Sock Summit. I've visited their shop many times. If you're ever in St. Paul, be sure to check it out. Lots of yarn in an old house in an historic neighborhood - need I say more?

I have more to share from Sock Summit, but it will have to wait for another post. During the weeks leading up to Sock Summit I knew it was consuming my life on many levels. As further evidence of that today when I sat down at my desk, I noticed that my calendar still has the July page showing.

Time for me to turn the page and get caught up with some of the other things going on in my life.

No comments: