Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mitts

Stephanie wrote:

Off and on over the past week I've been working on another Anne Hanson pattern - Cloverleaf Lace Mitts.   Anne is a prolific designer so be sure to check out some of her other patterns.  And if you have time, her blog makes good reading material.

This Cloverleaf Lace Mitt knit up very quickly.



I knit this with Dream Sox, colorway cranberry.  This tightly twisted yarn produces wonderful stitch definition.  Dream Sox dyes up in colorways that have depth and striking variation.

These mitts have a 6 row lace pattern that is easy to memorize.  I extended the lace panel into the cuff, but you can also make a more standard ribbed cuff.  Sad to say this mitt is destined to remain single as a booth sample.  But my daughters saw this mitt and have already placed orders so I will be making it again.  






No comments: