Friday, May 8, 2009

Transformed

Stephanie wrote:

I'm in a spring cleaning mode - at least when it comes to finishing up projects.  This kind of energy doesn't strike often so I need to make the most of it when it does.

This particular project came off the needles looking like this.


After a bath and a bit of blocking it now looks like this.


Forgive the shadows.  This lighting produced the truest color reproduction.  The pattern is Rivolo by Anne Hanson of Knitspot.  



The yarn is Dye Dreams Twinkle Toes, color Royal Purple.  You will have to view this colorway in Luster Sox as we don't have the Twinkle Toes one on the website yet.

I didn't document blocking this scarf, but for those interested in the nitty gritty you can find helpful information on blocking here and here.

This is my second time making this pattern.  The pattern is comprised of 8 rows - 4 pattern rows and 4 purl rows.  This makes for a fairly simple lace pattern that you can take on the go.  I added 6 more repeats than the pattern calls for to make a longer scarf.

This scarf is an overdue birthday gift and will be winging its way westward later today.  Cross another project off my list.  With all these empty needles I feel I'm entitled to start a new project.  Will see where that energy takes me.

In keeping with the times you can now find Dye Dreams on Twitter.  Check it out for musings, updates and mindless banter.


No comments: